- Saturday, January 15 * Simulcast Series Challenge #1
- Saturday, February 26 * Simulcast Series Challenge #2
- Saturday, March 19 * Simulcast Series Challenge #3
- Saturday, April 9 * Simulcast Series Invitational (must have qualified at one of the above contests)
The other dates, subject to change are:
The schedule does not look drastically different from the 2010 slate in terms of total contests (6), but, selfishly speaking, I find it a bit unfortunate that two of the contests fall on holiday weekends (June 19 is Father's Day, and July 2 is Independence Day Weekend) where I likely cannot participate. Then again, Monmouth regularly drew 220-280 participants for the spring and summer contests, so people seem to participate regardless of dates.
- Saturday, May 21 - $200 Handicapping Contest
- Saturday, May 28 * Survival at the Shore begins
- Sunday, June 19 - $50 Handicapping Contest
- Saturday, July 2 - $200 Handicapping Contest
- Saturday, August 27 - $300 Handicapping Contest
- Saturday, September 17 - $200 Handicapping Contest
Otherwise, the Sept. 17 "final" contest date would suggest that perhaps a shorter meet is in the offing than the 2010 meeting that ended in late November. I am a huge proponent of ending the meet no later than Columbus Day, since the late-autumn dates were sparsely attended. I am hopeful this year's meeting will bring back a 4-day race week (bringing back Thursday or Monday) and end earlier. Contest-wise, I would just as soon see Monmouth run an autumn version of the SSC, maybe with some tie-in to college football or NFL, for more NHC seats.
Regarding the "Player of the Year" award, there is a reference to a year-end party to anyone reaching a certain amount of points, but no details about potential prizes and such. I can only speculate that Monmouth is trying to cultivate more of a recurring base of contestants and to reward the regular players, which cannot hurt.