Thursday, I picked up my NYC Marathon bib and race packet and am ready to tackle 26.2 miles through the Five Boroughs on Sunday. It's not too late to make a contribution to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund or my two other designated charities at www.crowdrise.com/billholobowski.
Nonetheless, since I've been without power and have not had much of a chance to look at Friday's card, I am making the marathon the centerpiece of today's wagers.
Grassy looks very intriguing to me at 30-1.
Clearly, Grassy is a turf horse, but I think third off a layoff has as good a shot as any with one of California's top jocks -- clearly worth the risk to me, and as I continue to scratch my head over Attigun as the favorite at 9-2 and with no wins outside of optional claiming, I'm all in on bomber Grassy, who has two good races with Gomez under his belt.
For those playing along at home, here's how I'm burning $50 this afternoon:
- Race 4, $2 WP 4 ($4)
- Race 4, $1 Pick 3: ALL with 4 with 4,6,12 ($21)
- Race 4, $2 Double: ALL with 4 ($14)
- Race 5, $1 Pick 3: 4 with 4,6,12 with 2 ($3)
- Race 5, $2 Double: 4 with 12 ($2)
- Race 6, $4 WP 12 ($4) -- The Gold Cheongsam looks sneaky good to me at 20-to-1
- Race 6, $2 Double: 12 with 2 ($2)