|NJ Horseplayer all about feeding|
the Pokemon GO frenzy; $100 to
win on Pikachu & Ash
It's a free spin (Del Mar even provides past performances for each day's race), so there's no better time to sign up than now.
Registration closes on Friday.
Make no bones about it, this is a difficult contest to win, but at no out-of-pocket cost, it's one certainly worth playing, especially for NHC Tour members since Tour points are awarded to the Top 10% of finishers. (On the latter, I picked up Tour points in 2015 via the (separate) November contest, so signing up here can only help those trying to qualify for the NHC by accruing Tour points.)
The premise is simple -- build the highest bankroll by Labor Day -- as are the rules:
- Make at least 20 mythical win, place and/or show wagers of $100 (the daily bankroll).
- Del Mar selects one race per day, generally that afternoon's feature.
- Enter selections before the post time listed on that day's contest race.
- The goal over the course of the 39-day meet is to make as high a profit as possible.
- A successful $100 straight "win" play on opening day on a 10-to-1 shot would, for example, put you atop the leaderboard at $1,000 ($22 win mutual x $50 minus $100 bet).
- A losing $100 wager puts you at -$100; 5 days of losing $100 bets = minus $500.
- The win "cap" is 30-to-1 (i.e. $3,000 of notional winnings).
- Starts Friday, July 15 and ends on Monday, Sept. 5.
- Top 2 finishers get 2017 NHC seats plus a $1,000 travel and hotel stipend.
- Top 50 finishers receive prizes (TBD),
- NHC Tour points to the Top 10% finishers.